- Ventajedrez - ajedrez por los que saben
- Libros y Revistas en Ingles
- Libros Ajedrez - Journey to the Chess Kingdom. Averbach and Beilin
The authors of this book, GM Y. Averbakh and M. Beilin, are very famous among chess fans. This book is going to take the reader on a fascinating journey into the magical world of chess. Starting from the rules of the game and the moves of the pieces, the authors will eventually introduce the reader to the beauty of the ancient game. The book is designed in a special way, so it can actually be the chess game's tutorial. This new edition is significantly updated compared to the previous one and is intended for a wide range of chess fans.
"There’s a wonderful children’s textbook, probably the best in history – 'Journey to the Chess Kingdom'"
– Boris Gelfand, World Chess Championship runner-up (2012)
"My first chess book was "Journey to the Chess Kingdom" by Averbakh and Beilin"
– Vassily Ivanchuk, FIDE World Chess Championship runner-up (2002)
"My first chess book was "Journey to the Chess Kingdom" by Averbakh and Beilin. And it was a very good one!"
– Alexander Khalifman, FIDE World Chess Champion (1999-2000)
"I hope that the English version of "Journey to the Chess Kingdom" will introduce you and many other readers to the fascinating world of chess. Good luck!"
– Adrian Mikhalchishin, FIDE Trainers Commission Chairman
"For those of you who are making their first steps in chess, I recommend taking a look at the wonderful self-study book "Journey to the Chess Kingdom"
– Alexandra Kosteniuk, Women’s World Chess Champion (2008-2010)